Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allgamerz.net

A gaming community for get-togethers, excitement, and entertainment!

HomeNEWSSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to All-gamerz.net Guest
Have fun and enjoy our site we hope to see you active on the forums!

Share | 

Pokemon Blue!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 am

First topic message reminder :

My first Let's Play for Pokemon Very Happy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mews
Forum Contributor
Mews

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 am

NERDS!
Back to top Go down
JustDunnkIt
Anime Phreak Manager
Anime Phreak Manager
JustDunnkIt

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 am

Well either way i find some of your points to be invalid because if i remember correctly Squirtel in the beging yes was not taht overall strong but as the gam progressed and managed to pick the right skill combo and his stats were off more the average matching that of charmaders and bulbasurs then Imo he can easly be on of the beter starters to start with he dose get stronger becuse of Hydro pump and other skills witch are very effective in terms of type...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.all-gamerz.net/forum
GYMLEADERLANCE
Forum Poster
GYMLEADERLANCE

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

Statistics

Charizard level 100
speed
attack
special attack

Blastoise Level 100
health
defense
special defense

Now as we all know speed is one of if not the best stat in the game. Being a flying type charizard has a naturally higher speed(3 stages above blastoise) second best statistic in the game is health(blastoise winning by 0.2 stages above Charizard) the other four statistics are all up to your team composition of course. Now the only other way to compare which pokemon is "better" is their special abilities as well as immunity and weaknesses.

Weaknesses

Charizard
rock, electric and water

Blastoise
Grass and Electric

Resistance

Charizard
Fighting, Bug, Steel, Fire and Grass

Blastoise
Steel, Fire, Water and Ice

So as we can see Charizard has one more weakness then Blastoise as well as one more resistance so in overall which is "better" would be Charizard for having 3 stages of speed(Best statistic) over Blastoise as only down by 0.2 stages in Health(second best statistic)
Back to top Go down
JustDunnkIt
Anime Phreak Manager
Anime Phreak Manager
JustDunnkIt

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am

lol lance you have to consider other factors like weather and the skills they use things change based on the circumstance i would say yes charizard is one of the best mains but alot of them are alos the BEST mains so see there are factors to consider..tounge
Back to top Go down
GYMLEADERLANCE
Forum Poster
GYMLEADERLANCE

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am

Well I was going off of statistics, weaknesses and resistances. The weather changes depending on where you are, but in tournament is always neutral unless one of your pokemon has a passive or skill to change it, but that falls back into the team composition I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
DarkCyberElf
Forum Contributor

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 am

I think I'll stay out of this for now since most casual Pokemon players (like I would imagine Lance to be) make my head hurt Sad After understanding the meta suddenly you view the usefulness of certain Pokemon differently than you might ingame, and the fun factor gets destroyed... You guys can view it however you want, lol, I've just been saying that Venusaur >(greater than) Blastoise > Charizard for quite a while, but if we're talking ease of playthrough of either the Gen I games or Fire Red/Leaf Green, it's Blastoise > Charizard > Venusaur, just because of how useful Water types are and always have been in general.

Speed makes little difference in the main playthrough of any Pokemon game because none of your opponents who could possibly outspeed you should pose much of a threat if you have done any preparation (pre-training/grinding) beforehand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCyberElf
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 am

I play for fun!
Back to top Go down
JustDunnkIt
Anime Phreak Manager
Anime Phreak Manager
JustDunnkIt

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 am

That sounds right i would still use blastiose tho Smile

Last edited by MasterMax on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heri The Kitty
Forum Noobie
Heri The Kitty

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 pm

this whole thread made me chuckle
Back to top Go down
Vizual
Forum Beast
Vizual

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Haha I agree with Heri. I played the shit out of pokemon but I never knew there was so much thought behind it. I pretty much thought no matter what I pick my rival is gonna pick my weakness so fuck it. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am

Yeah I'm getting more into the strategy part instead of spamming my pokemons best attack lol those were the good ol' days when i was seven
Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 am

I started playing Fire Red today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allgamerz.net
DarkCyberElf
Forum Contributor

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:47 pm

On an emulator or on the original Game Boy Advance (or SP)?

In other news, yeah, I played competitive Pokemon and was pretty good at it at one point (you can play against some of the best players in the world on simulator versions of Pokemon Battles called "Pokemon Online (formerly Shoddy Battle)", which is linked with the site http://www.smogon.com

It may make you guys laugh, but as with any video game, much like League of Legends, there is depth and strategy behind it on some level, and the "metagame" of Pokemon is fairly large and comprehensive. Believe me, if you have never been into the competitive scene, and think you know ANYTHING about Pokemon, think again Neutral Makes me laugh when people imply they were ever "good at Pokemon" when it comes to that question.

Ranik wrote:
I started playing Fire Red today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkCyberElf
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Emulator. I haven't owned an SP since I was like 13 or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allgamerz.net
Vizual
Forum Beast
Vizual

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Same ^ I had one of the original DS. That bitch broke in two pieces.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm

I've heard about the metagame and whatnot I just don't get EV's and IV's and shit like that on Bulbagarden I'm in a group called Just For Fun Pokemon battles and you just battle for fun with your favorites
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Blue!   Pokemon Blue! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Blue!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Rules
Please remember to read the rules before posting on the forum.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Allgamerz.net :: Off Topics :: Entertainment-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com