Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allgamerz.net

A gaming community for get-togethers, excitement, and entertainment!

HomeNEWSSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to All-gamerz.net Guest
Have fun and enjoy our site we hope to see you active on the forums!

Share | 

Site Growth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 am

This is pretty much what Mike recommended but I'm making a more in depth idea on the concept.

I think it is time to make this site bigger, not because I think we're to packed, more on the reverse. We are losing active members daily. I think we need to bring some BIG named games into our site and expand.

What I mentioned in the other thread is we can find smaller sites that have dedicated players for these games and offer to merge with them over here. ONE member(probably their owner) will be garuteed a manager spot on our forum. For all who don't know, that is the equal of being a Admin. We need smaller sites because a site bigger than ours would eat ours, not vice versa.

With the Admin coming aboard, we can let them bring a number of mods as well. This will give this site a RAPID growth and stop the inactivity.

On my side, I will work on a new lay out for the forum. Including figuring out what is wrong with our quoting function. Now, the new graphics might take a little time just because I'm limited on time to work on photoshop.

And currently we are looking for some new Technicians that specialize in HTML/CSS/JS/JQuery. If you have anyone in mind, send them our way. We are looking to add to our team fast for that is a HUGE key to make this site growth work smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 am

We should decide what games we want to pick up so we don't have a lot of members going around and recruiting all these clans over a bunch of games and spreading ourselves too thin. Maybe add a game once a month and see how it does
Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 am

When you say BIG games, are you talking consoles or PC? If you're talking consoles, we should make a separate gaming section to separate consoles/PC.

And yeah, managers can do anything Admins can EXCEPT make true edits to the site. (aka, to our template coding)

I would like to expand as well as you do. What I'm doing now, is just keeping us barely alive.

It's time to get things flowing.

I added Mittens as a technician awhile ago..He knows JS and a few other things. He may help if we need him for anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allgamerz.net
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 am

Also it would be my recommendation to have the admin/moderators more strict on the rules that they are in charge and there shouldn't be much argument in regards to threads in which members vs members or members vs moderators/admins or moderators/admins vs moderators/admins repeatedly battle each other deterring from the original post or pointless bantering. It's cool to be laid back in all but there comes a point where there does need to be some professionalism in order to work towards the growth of the website. Also i find that the beef section is a marvelous idea as a forum section as well as a perfect spot for these arguments but at the same time, i'm under the understanding that its meant to let out your grievances towards one another but there is a difference between fixing your beef and just calling each other names until the other one gives up and says you win, typically worsening the situation.

Last edited by Dr_Godlike on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 am

We can make different sections for PC/Console. But we need to find a merging site. We need to figure out what game is popular and what can bring us some members.
Back to top Go down
Froggy
Forum Beast
Froggy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 am

Anything you need, I'm here to help Very Happy Troll
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 am

but if we add too many games too fast it won't work
Back to top Go down
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:44 am

We need to maximize one game at a time. Starting with....?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:58 am

I say CoD so we can start a console game not another PC game
Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:11 am

Yeah, we got League as a huge PC game we're already supporting. I'd say go console game next.
Back to top Go down
JustDunnkIt
Anime Phreak Manager
Anime Phreak Manager
JustDunnkIt

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Im saying console to becuze 80% of my games are on my Xbox 360 or PS3!
Back to top Go down
http://www.all-gamerz.net/forum
PoisonedPeace
Forum Beast
PoisonedPeace

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Completely ignored lol

He brings up some valid points. I do enjoy the way that mods and admins fit in here. They are more of a friend than a parent, but I think that will just keep the community small. People shouldn't be able to come to the forums and see mods and admins having trouble with members. Obviously some members cause trouble, but they need to be handled fairly and professionally, if we intend to expand.

Dr_Godlike wrote:
Also it would be my recommendation to have the admin/moderators more strict on the rules that they are in charge and there shouldn't be much argument in regards to threads in which members vs members or members vs moderators/admins or moderators/admins vs moderators/admins repeatedly battle each other deterring from the original post or pointless bantering. It's cool to be laid back in all but there comes a point where there does need to be some professionalism in order to work towards the growth of the website. Also i find that the beef section is a marvelous idea as a forum section as well as a perfect spot for these arguments but at the same time, i'm under the understanding that its meant to let out your grievances towards one another but there is a difference between fixing your beef and just calling each other names until the other one gives up and says you win, typically worsening the situation.
Back to top Go down
Froggy
Forum Beast
Froggy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 pm

That's good, but the whole point is bringing members in.

I've said this many times before on various sites, you aren't gonna bring members in without something to offer, something unique. This site has tried taking the "Give-away" route and that only brought in a few members who spammed threads to get 20+ posts and never will come back, until the give away ending date to see who won. How you deal with members is irrelevant if you don't have the members to deal with.

With that being said(well typed), this site needs something that makes people wanna stick around. Maybe a game night once a week where we all can play something together. There's tons of free games a lot of people play. Maybe some tips, tricks or hidden secrets other people may not know about on certain games. A walk through or two of games. Maybe a competition, instead of just giving away money or items, mae people compete for them. There's many things that can be offered we just need to find something that makes people want to sign up and stick around. Offering something isn't necessarily giving something away.

You have all the proper tools to do so, just need to put some ideas in motion.

Advertising wouldn't be too bad either tounge

PoisonedPeace wrote:
Completely ignored lol

He brings up some valid points. I do enjoy the way that mods and admins fit in here. They are more of a friend than a parent, but I think that will just keep the community small. People shouldn't be able to come to the forums and see mods and admins having trouble with members. Obviously some members cause trouble, but they need to be handled fairly and professionally, if we intend to expand.

Dr_Godlike wrote:
Back to top Go down
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Er sunday, COD sunday lol
Back to top Go down
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 am

I'm in agreement but i still believe that we need to find a niche for the video game community and having these routined events which we definitely need, needs to be a lot better organized and we need to provide communities for games that don't already have those in order to gain those members, for example hit titles LoL, CoD, WoW, Minecraft, Starcraft, etc all have tons of forums for these. Which i'm not saying we shouldnt accommodate at all because they are things we should include but i think we need to add more uncommon games for people to join the website and then continue into the other branches if that makes sense atleast until were a lot larger.

As i said, the issue isn't in bringing members in, its keeping them which is why i think we need to increase the amount of professionalism that the admins/moderators have in their responsibilities while maintaining their laid backness when not having to fulfill their responsibilities as well as add in events for opportunities for those members to feel a sense of belonging to the website.

I mean this is how i've viewed forums/websites that i've ran, you want to fill a purpose for your members other wise they aren't going to see a reason to continue in using it. I mean honestly besides the giveaways that MittensK3 said, why would most people continue coming back here opposed to other forums? I mean countless times looking through these forums, you see where we people discuss playing together and then bash on the lack of it, typically due to poor communication in planning times for it. Also as of this point, the website is centered on LoL and majority of the more active members, dont play it any longer or rarely do anymore, which is quite negative to keeping members.

My advice is create a thread similiar to how people found the website and have it asking why people stay on the website. Hopefully this gets us somewhere! Very Happy

MittensK3 wrote:
That's good, but the whole point is bringing members in.

I've said this many times before on various sites, you aren't gonna bring members in without something to offer, something unique. This site has tried taking the "Give-away" route and that only brought in a few members who spammed threads to get 20+ posts and never will come back, until the give away ending date to see who won. How you deal with members is irrelevant if you don't have the members to deal with.

With that being said(well typed), this site needs something that makes people wanna stick around. Maybe a game night once a week where we all can play something together. There's tons of free games a lot of people play. Maybe some tips, tricks or hidden secrets other people may not know about on certain games. A walk through or two of games. Maybe a competition, instead of just giving away money or items, mae people compete for them. There's many things that can be offered we just need to find something that makes people want to sign up and stick around. Offering something isn't necessarily giving something away.

You have all the proper tools to do so, just need to put some ideas in motion.

Advertising wouldn't be too bad either Site Growth 114708
Back to top Go down
Froggy
Forum Beast
Froggy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 am

Haha!

@Dr_Godlike, there isn't members to "keep". Everyone who has joined has pretty much stuck around.

The problem lies within the lack of members. There is no problem with keeping members..yet. Look at all the people who joined(recently) and stuck around, still post here and there as opposed to the members who don't even come on this site.

As I said previously, it doesn't matter how they deal with members if the members don't exist.

MittensK3 wrote:
How you deal with members is irrelevant if you don't have the members to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Vizual
Forum Beast
Vizual

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:47 am

So basically, we're converting the site from a LoL forums, a forum for all gamerz Wink See what I did there?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 am

No I did not...also if we do expand to CoD a lot of clans have Elite so we're probably going to have to make a compromise such as you come to our forums but we use your Elite (they change the name to All-Gamerz) The reason in doing this is some clans may not want to leave the hard work they put in with Clan Ops to get to a high level. But this will only work with one of the first clans we recruit.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:28 am

@MittensK3 There are over 1315 registered as of this post, less than 30 have logged in the past 5 days, and a portion of those members didnt post. So thats what i mean in regards to "keeping" them. I joined the website when it was a little bit above 1100 and now its 1315, and most recent posts are repeatedly by the same people and i post in several sections of the forums so its not just in one particular area. So thats why i said that.

@Mike Honestly, i dont foresee that being an issue considering most hardcore clans/teams for a certain video game wouldnt use general video games forums for a HQ for their clan but tbh, i'm putting a lot of assumptions in this because i have never been in a CoD clan.

MittensK3 wrote:
Haha!

@Dr_Godlike, there isn't members to "keep". Everyone who has joined has pretty much stuck around.

The problem lies within the lack of members. There is no problem with keeping members..yet. Look at all the people who joined(recently) and stuck around, still post here and there as opposed to the members who don't even come on this site.

As I said previously, it doesn't matter how they deal with members if the members don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 am

A lot of members are from the old AG before it was reborn. They're just for show looking like we have a lot of members
Back to top Go down
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:38 am

Well the percentage of members being kept is still quite low

On a side note, i think the admin/moderators should get a commercial, that would probably get us some members
Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 am

I was thinking awhile back about deleting every account that hasn't posted or logged in within a 6 month time frame so we could get a more accurate member count from where we stand today. I decided not to because us having the high member count makes it look like we aren't as dead as we are right now in terms of active posters. People wouldn't know right off the back. A lower member count could detour even more people from joining.

Mittens is right about we need something to keep members, but wrong about the members to handle. Godlike was right about that part, we actually get a lot of members, BUT, they just sign up and leave...Or post for giveaways and never return.

WarCrazy also had the right idea of finding even smaller communities and merge them here offering a manager position or a mod position depending how many members and benefits we'd receive from them.

But on the real, it makes me happy that I have the members I do as of now. I could have no one, but I'm lucky enough to have a small amount of dedicated users here.

Everyone who helps out, it is greatly appreciated.

On a side note, when the site was "reborn", we started at 960 members exactly. Wink

That makes 355 members that have signed up. That may not seem a lot, but it is when we only have like 30 online at average in the past 5 days. We should have way more down there in that list.

Last edited by Ranik on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Well like MittensK3 said, we need to set events for scheduled gaming meet-ups because well thats standard for most gaming forums and we'll need that to help compete.
Back to top Go down
Froggy
Forum Beast
Froggy

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am

Registered members were from years ago when this site was based on PSP.

Also, I wasn't trying to say Dr_Godlike is wrong, by all means, he's right. What I was trying to say was that will be addressed when it comes down to it. That isn't the main problem. Not now as this site lacks members.

Dr_Godlike wrote:
@MittensK3 There are over 1315 registered as of this post, less than 30 have logged in the past 5 days, and a portion of those members didnt post. So thats what i mean in regards to "keeping" them. I joined the website when it was a little bit above 1100 and now its 1315, and most recent posts are repeatedly by the same people and i post in several sections of the forums so its not just in one particular area. So thats why i said that.

@Mike Honestly, i dont foresee that being an issue considering most hardcore clans/teams for a certain video game wouldnt use general video games forums for a HQ for their clan but tbh, i'm putting a lot of assumptions in this because i have never been in a CoD clan.

MittensK3 wrote:
Haha!

Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 am

Yeah, I do agree with that. I don't think the way I'm dealing with members, or even the mods, is a problem. The last thing I wanna do is do everything by the book and start giving bans (or locking/deleting threads where people bicker at each other) to our small community. I don't want the mods to either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Growth _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Growth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Rules
Please remember to read the rules before posting on the forum.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Allgamerz.net :: All Gamerz Section :: Stop n' Drop :: Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com