Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Welcome to AllGamerz.net. Please sign in or register. If you don't have an account, registration only takes about 20 seconds since you don't need to confirm your email address. Can't wait to see you around the forums!

-Staff.
Allgamerz.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allgamerz.net

A gaming community for get-togethers, excitement, and entertainment!

HomeNEWSSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to All-gamerz.net Guest
Have fun and enjoy our site we hope to see you active on the forums!

Share | 

Site Growth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 am

First topic message reminder :

This is pretty much what Mike recommended but I'm making a more in depth idea on the concept.

I think it is time to make this site bigger, not because I think we're to packed, more on the reverse. We are losing active members daily. I think we need to bring some BIG named games into our site and expand.

What I mentioned in the other thread is we can find smaller sites that have dedicated players for these games and offer to merge with them over here. ONE member(probably their owner) will be garuteed a manager spot on our forum. For all who don't know, that is the equal of being a Admin. We need smaller sites because a site bigger than ours would eat ours, not vice versa.

With the Admin coming aboard, we can let them bring a number of mods as well. This will give this site a RAPID growth and stop the inactivity.

On my side, I will work on a new lay out for the forum. Including figuring out what is wrong with our quoting function. Now, the new graphics might take a little time just because I'm limited on time to work on photoshop.

And currently we are looking for some new Technicians that specialize in HTML/CSS/JS/JQuery. If you have anyone in mind, send them our way. We are looking to add to our team fast for that is a HUGE key to make this site growth work smoothly.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Dr_Godlike
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Dr_Godlike

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:14 am

Well i still believe both are valid points and both main tasks that should be addressed together rather than one before the other. Because even if you ignore the initial number of 1315, and replace it with the 355 since reborn. Then having an average of 30 people logging in the past 5 days, that's only a 8.5% of people since the reborn staying on the website, that's also assuming they are all active in regards to posting and planning to be active even w/o the giveaway.

But like i said, Mittensk3 is also right in that even if it remained 8.5% if we had thousands of members and only 8.5% stayed, thats still relatively good so for this reason, we should just work on trying to increase both variables; recruiting and keeping members, rather then work on solely one and then the other.

@Ranik, I'm not saying you should make this by the book sort've forum but being so laid back that rules aren't enforced other than arguing with the member deterring from the original post, won't get this very far. I'm also aware that for the most part, people arent abusing the rules but when they are and are trying to be enforced, it should be more professional. For example; if someone is racist in their post, don't reply telling them to stop to only have them start a flamefest with you (moderator/admin) that really solves nothing except ruin the original post, merely delete the post and pm them and fix the situation backstage.

I'm just throwing out my opinion for a solution to future possible problems rather then wait for it to happen and then people why all of sudden the moderators/admins aren't being so laid back. Personally and i'm quite sure many will agree, all-gamerz.net is still young in its growth of members so it's better to address concerns in these stages then later.
Back to top Go down
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 am

My idea on eating smaller sites was meant to be able to get these"hardcore" members to come over here with the eagerness to run their own section in a much bigger site than the one they come from. The members we keep are the ones who love what they play and are looking forward to having friends while they play. We need to focus on MULTIPLAYER games rather than smaller games with little fan bases. Starting sections regarding small games with no multiplayer obilities doesn't give us the chance to expand.

How we got this site so big in the first place was how we advertised. In Socom Fire Team Bravo 2(the original AG game), we had the ability to create our own games to chat with eat other and title the rooms advertising our site. Such as "All-Gamerz.net chat room" or "All-Gamerz.net JOIN NOW". With hundreds of players logging on daily, it was extremely simple to get people threw the door, so to speak.

We need to work on our staff getting specific sections to run on their own, this will give the members the attention they demand. Having one 'Mod' or 'Manager' even to their section would allow personal relationships to birth. This is what people love.

I would like to find someone very skilled in Affter Effects and/or Sony Vegas to create us a advertising video. YouTube was a HUGE contendor to how SneakyCodes(former forum of mine) got big. But one of the biggest ways to get great advertisments is threw our loyal members. Telling your friends to join, saying how awesome the community is and what we do here. People eat that shit up.

As the site grows, so will our Staff.

My goal is 15,000 users. After then, well.. I think I'll know we've succeeded.
Back to top Go down
Ranik
Administrator
Administrator
Ranik

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 am

@Godlike
If someone is being racist, or just straight up doing something that needs to be addressed, I'll certainly give a real issued warning. Believe it or not, I've banned 3 members. People who came on here and simply spammed for post count. I don't ban people like "DarkCyberElf" for the main fact, if someone has a problem with me, I don't give a shit. It's not gonna effect other users if someone runs thier jaws about/or to me. I could care less because it's mostly shit they have no clue what their talking about. 90% of what DarkCyber said to me, I simply said "Lol" and kept letting him spam in topics with his useless non sense that most people didn't even take the time to read. But see, that's the thing about people like that, just let them be. Is he here now? No. He finally realized what everyone thought about him and he left on his own. No ban was needed. But by all means, if he was harassing another member that took him seriously, actions would have been taken. For example, I let him have his way with Mittens..Didn't say a word. Why? Because I knew Mittens would roast him anyway and make him look plain stupid and once again, problem would resolve itself by letting him make his own decision. Again, I prevented using bans or locks and let things work itself out. But yeah, if it's a serious issue such as racism, harassing a certain member, etc, I'll handle it. Because at that point, you aren't messing with me, you're messing with AG. As an administrator, it's my job to help keep this place going. Letting people get abused wont help that matter.

@War
I'm actually pretty good in Vegas, but I wouldn't call myself "very skilled" like how you put it because when I read it like that, I feel you mean professionally done, like how you are in PS in terms of Vegas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allgamerz.net
WarCrazy
Executive Designer
Executive Designer
WarCrazy

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 am

Work on one, do something nuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Growth - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Site Growth   Site Growth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Growth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Rules
Please remember to read the rules before posting on the forum.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Allgamerz.net :: All Gamerz Section :: Stop n' Drop :: Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com